…and I won’t even go to Wikipedia to find them.
Most of you know my love for all things Joey W. Hill. And Sherlock (SEASON 3 JANUARY 19!!). But you may not know my love for Sara Bareilles. I’m not a person who learns about an artist if I love them, I just enjoy their art. But Sara was someone special and I’ve ended up finding out a lot about her. The first song I heard by her was “Gravity” and I fell in love. It’s been an ongoing love fest (one sided) ever since.
1. Sara was born and raised in Humboldt County
Which is where I live.
2. She’s hilarious!
3. She went to UCLA and was a communications major
I got that from her videos. LOL!
4. She had a relationship with one of her bandmates
I don’t remember his name, but in 2012, she parted with her entire band probably because of him.
5. She loves Taylor Swift
6. She does a lot of Elton John covers
So I think she really likes him too. Her version of Yellow Brick Road is amazing.
7. She wrote “Brave” for a friend who she was encouraging to come out
8. She does commercials for CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocates)
I think her parents are involved in CASA in Humboldt and she does the commercials for them.
9. She recently moved from Los Angeles to New York
She wrote “The Blessed Unrest” her new album under the influence of New York’s energy.
10. She has had her fans get up on stage and sing with her.
There’s more than one instance that she’s done special stuff for her fans. She’s pretty amazing.
11. She did a duet with her sister
She sang “Love Is Christmas” in San Francisco with one of her sisters.
12. She taught herself to play piano
Which is pretty fantastic when you hear her.
13. She’s been nominated for a Grammy
She totally deserves it. She tours relentlessly and has a unique connection with her fans. I heart Sara!!!