Today is the Redneck’s birthday. Here’s Thirteen things about the man I’m married to, the Redneck.
1. He’s descended from the Indians
He’s actually descended from the Karuk and the Hoopa.
2. He’s fourth Generation Eureka
All the McKenzie men have been born in the city of Eureka. My boys are fifth generation Eureka.
3. He worked as an Oyster farmer
Before he was out of high school and two years afterwards.
4. He was a Commercial Fisherman
which is why I loved writing my Storm series at Whiskey Creek Press/Torrid.
5. His favorite Poet is Edgar Allen Poe
6. He’s a Crane Operator
After fishing went tits up, he reinvented himself in construction and is an awesome crane operator.
7. His favorite book is “The Grapes Of Wrath”
He laughs at me because I like my happy endings.
8. His favorite movies include “Sometimes A Great Notion”, “To Kill A Mockingbird”, and “Slingblade”
9. He writes poetry.
10. He thinks Jimmy Page is under rated and Eric Clapton is over rated
11. His favorite shows are “Monster Quest”,”Axe Men”, “The Deadliest Catch” and “Ice Road Truckers”.
12. When it comes to music, he’s almost as eclectic as I am
Robert Cray, Iron Maiden, Rage Against The Machine, Arvo Part, Led Zepplin, Dave Matthews Band, Judas Priest, Nirvana, U2, Beethoven, I could go on.
13. He’s forty-three today
Happy Birthday to The Redneck!!!!!