Thirteen Reasons To Wear Pink On Friday
1. Because it’s a way to support teachers
2. Because the normal response would be to walk out
but California teachers would rather teach our children.
3. Because eight teachers at my kid’s school are getting pink slips
How many teachers are being laid off or “not rehired” in your area?
4. Because education is always the first thing cut in a state budget
5. Because there was probably a teacher who helped you
even if you hated school. For me, I had several. Mrs. Beach in 2nd and 3rd grade. Mr. Levin who taught me Shakespeare is best read aloud (and with flourish) and Mr. Travis Rogers who gave me the courage to chase my dreams even if they changed.
6. Because good teachers are hard to find
and even harder to keep.
7. Because frankly, it’s easy.
You don’t have to do anything else except show support.
8. Because a guy who wears pink to support teachers is HOT
Well he is.
9. Because it’s fashionable
10. Because teachers should be the LAST to go in a bad economy
11. Because the product teachers produce is our biggest resource
12. Because I HATE pink and I’m wearing it.
13. Because it’s the crappiest thing I’ve ever heard to give a pink slip to someone, ANYONE, on Friday the thirteen.
Who’s the brilliant person who came up with THAT one, Arnold?
WEAR PINK ON MARCH 13th.