Sandi, over at Cheaper Than Therapy did her own list of how you know you’re a mom. I’m doing one. I’ll steal a few from her and make the alllllll my own.
1. You say “No, you can’t stick that up your butt,”
and don’t even think twice.
2. You also say “I don’t care if you’re ‘backed up’. That won’t help. Eat some oatmeal.
and don’t think twice about that either.
3. You really are the answer machine
and you have to know stupid stuff like why boogers dry out, why poop is brown and what makes the dog lick himself.
4. You know every episode of Spongebob
and quote it for every day life. (“Don’t say anything, Squidward. Remember you’re Karma,” “That guy didn’t know an Oboe from his elbow. Heh heh band humor.” “The machinations of my mind are an enigma”)
5. You often sleep with a child rather than your husband
since there’s monsters everywhere you know.
6. You enjoy “Mr. Magorium’s Wonder Emporium” more than the kids do.
Because you are NOT a “just” guy.
7. You forget to buy batteries
just so you don’t have to change them. They’re a PAIN.
8. You’ve seen “Finding Nemo” WAY too many times.
Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming.
9. You have a whole different attitude toward Legos
Especially when you’re barefoot.
10. You’ve used curse words….from Spongebob.
Barnacles. Dirty Barnacles.
11. You’ve gone back into a fast food restaurant to exchange an item
when they give your boys a girl toy. Oh. My. God. The DRAMA!
12. You catch yourself telling your HUSBAND “Say ‘thank you'”
13. You’ve been known to hide particularly annoying toys
And do NOT feel the least bit guilty.
BONUS You not only can’t relate to Martha Stewart…
You kind of wish she’d stayed in jail. I think “Men In Black” is right. She’s an alien.
Can you think of some of yours?