There’s the results from the tree decorating. Dogs and children both survived the ordeal.
This time of year brings out the “cheese” in me. I LOVE me some cheese every once and a while. My husband is often appalled.
Here’s thirteen “cheesy” movies I watch (usually alone)
1.Fifth Avenue Girl
Ginger Rogers without Fred and in a cute little romantic comedy that makes me sigh happily.
2. Mortal Combat
The worst part about this movie is that my “cheese” spread to Demolition Boy. He and I love this movie.
3. Comfort And Joy A Christmas favorite of mine…..and no one else’s. When it comes on Lifetime this year, see if you can watch it. Just don’t let any smart mouth rednecks catch you doing it. (Or buying it. Yep. I own this one.)
4. A Christmas Story I think there’s a lot of people who share my cheese with this one. Okay, Dayna. I know. Not you.
Another version of “A Christmas Carol”? What’s cheesy about that? Everyone watches one, right? Patrick Stewart’s portrayal or George C. Scott’s is someone’s favorite. Yeah? But are they MUSICALS? Figures I’d love the version with singing and dancing.
6. So Proudly We Hail
My patriotic cheese depicting nurses in the Red Cross during WWII. Bring Kleenex.
7. Apartment For Peggy If you’re lucky, you may stumble across this one in the VHS section of your video store. Otherwise, it’s hard to find. It took me four years to find a copy and it’s not even a good one. I love this movie, however. Back when AMC used to play the REAL old movies (much like Turner Classic Movies does now) this one would show up during William Holden’s birthday. If you can find it, you’ll be in cheese heaven.
8. The Die Hard Movies McClean is my hero. I love him. I just rented (and loved) “Live Free And Die Hard”. Total action cheese and I love it.
10 I Remember Mama If you’ve never seen this one, try and find it. Especially if you’re an aspiring writer. I love this movie.
11. The Mad Miss Manton Back when Barbara Stanwyck was young and very foolish playing opposite Henry Fonda before “The Lady Eve”.
13. Kiss Me Kate
Actually, I could do a TT on just the cheese musicals I watch when no one is around.
Confess! What’s your cheese?