1. “Make gifts for people and work hard on making those gifts in the hope that people will notice. Maybe they will notice how hard you worked….and maybe they won’t. And if they don’t, I know it’s frustrating. But ultimately that doesn’t change anything because your responsibility is not to the people you’re making the gift for, but to the gift itself.”–John Green. (See this collaboration of words and pictures here: http://zenpencils.com/comic/119-john-green-make-gifts-for-people/)
2. “We neither of us perform to strangers.” –Darcy from “Pride and Predjudice”
3. “It’s not like I want him to die or anything. But then again, people die every day. Why should he be any different?” -Maggie from “Addicted to Love”
4. “When I was a kid, my father had this dog that started to get all weak and sickly. He takes it to the vet, he examines it and says a maggot must have laid eggs in the dog’s butt. The baby maggots have crawled up, now they’ve started to grow, and eventually they’re gonna eat the dog alive from the inside. He says it should be put to sleep, because it’s an old dog anyway. But father won’t do it. He takes the dog home, he puts it on the bed, he reaches up into the dog, picking out the maggots with his finger, one by one. It takes him all night, but he gets every last one. That dog outlived my father. That’s love, Sam.” –Maggie from “Addicted To Love” (I love this movie.)
5. “The one claim I shall make for my own sex is that we love longest when all hope is gone.” –Anne from “Persuasion”
6. “Otto West: Don’t call me stupid.
Wanda: Oh, right! To call you stupid would be an insult to stupid people! I’ve known sheep that could outwit you. I’ve worn dresses with higher IQs. But you think you’re an intellectual, don’t you, ape?
Otto West: Apes don’t read philosophy.
Wanda: Yes they do, Otto. They just don’t understand it. Now let me correct you on a couple of things, OK? Aristotle was not Belgian. The central message of Buddhism is not “Every man for himself.” And the London Underground is not a political movement. Those are all mistakes, Otto. I looked them up.”–from “A Fish Called Wanda”
7. “You have nothing. You have a piles of secrets and lies and you’re calling it love. And in the meantime, you’re letting your WHOLE life pass you by while THEY raise children and celebrate anniversaries and grow old together. You’re frozen in time. You’re holding your breathe. You’re a statue waiting for something that’s NEVER going to happen. Living for stolen moments in hotel lobbies and coat closets. You keep telling yourself it all adds up to something real because in YOUR mind it HAS to but they DON’T They won’t. They NEVER will because stolen moments aren’t a life. So you have nothing!” –Olivia Pope from “Scandal”
8. If you want me, earn me!” Olivia Pope from “Scandal”
9. ” I love that you get cold when it’s 71 degrees out. I love that it takes you an hour and a half to order a sandwich. I love that you get a little crinkle above your nose when you’re looking at me like I’m nuts. I love that after I spend the day with you, I can still smell your perfume on my clothes. And I love that you are the last person I want to talk to before I go to sleep at night. And it’s not because I’m lonely, and it’s not because it’s New Year’s Eve. I came here tonight because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.”–Harry from “When Harry Met Sally”
10. “When people tell me they are happy, my ass begins to twitch.”—Luc from “French Kiss”
11. “Screws fall out all the time. The world’s an imperfect place.” –Bender from “The Breakfast Club”
12. “Lt. Nyota Uhura: I’m impressed. For a moment there, I thought you were just a dumb hick who only has sex with farm animals.
James T. Kirk: Well, not only.”
13. “James Bond: I read your obituary of me.
James Bond: Appalling.
M: Yeah, I knew you’d hate it. I did call you “an exemplar of British fortitude”.
James Bond: That bit was all right. –from “Skyfall”